C25K (Couch to 5K) iPhone app Review
This is one of the featured Apple fitness apps out on the market today. The C25K (Couch to 5K) iPhone app is a great way for you to break out of your lazy habits and get yourself out in your running shoes and shorts to start getting back into shape. We all make New Year’s Resolutions about how we are going to start exercising and get back into better shape. The problem is that we usually set our sights too high and then we realize that it is too much work and then we don’t do anything at all. The best way to go is to set some small goals so you are better able to reach them.
This little running app will take you and transform you from the lazy couch sitter to the active 5K runner in 9 weeks! Thousands of people have already done it and thousands more are in the process. You get audio prompts from the app to let you know when you should either walk or run, and you can also listen to all of your iTunes music while you are exercising. The app does all of the tracking for you, you just need to be willing to get out and try putting forth a little bit of effort.
- The C25K app uses an assortment of walking and running exercises to help you build up endurance so that you can finish a 5k race
- The entire program takes nine weeks to complete and you need to be actively following it in order for it to work properly
- You will need to set yourself out on a schedule to work out at least three times a week for those nine weeks
- This is one of the most popular 5k running plans that is circulating the market today
- Each exercise session that you do will be about a half hour to forty minutes in order to get the full effect of the program
- The app works with your Nike + technology
- You can listen to all of your favorite iTunes music while you are exercising
- The app will automatically let you know when you should switch from running to walking and vice versa
- You can also set up other forms of notification inside the app
- You can track all of the workouts you have already done and then post them onto Twitter or Facebook
Voted 4 stars by iPhone app users and can be downloaded for $2.99.