N.Y. Zombies iPhone app Review
What is it about a good Zombie game that peaks our interest? Maybe it is the fact that they seem so human yet are such horrible monsters. Or maybe it is because we get to blow them to smithereens without feeling like we did anything bad. Whatever it is, it is satisfying and addicting to blow these zombies to pieces. In the N.Y. Zombies iPhone app you will be roaming about a nearly uninhabitable New York City that is swarming with zombies. You will have to figure out how to kill these monsters and escape this forsaken city. You will have to be smart as you search for safety because there are zombies waiting around every corner. You will be able to load up with an impressive collection of weapons that will all deal out different damage to the monsters. You will also be able to walk around a variety of cool New York City environments including the city streets, the subway system, farm areas, run down suburbs, highways that have been abandoned, caves in the mountains, and much more. One of the other modes that is fun to play is the Survival mode where you will have to see how long you can last without getting overrun by the creatures of darkness. The higher score you get, the more props you’ll receive.
The game is very easy to play and involves a friendly user interface. In order to look around you simply drag your finger around the screen to get a full panoramic view. When zombies come into the screen just tap on them to shoot them. You will need to go from area to area, saving as many survivors as you can. You can earn money from kills so that you can upgrade your weapons and ammo to be more effective. There are 6 different weapons that you can choose from to do your bidding as well as different abilities associated to each gun. Other than that, it is up to you to kill as many zombies as you can!
- This game does a great job of mixing different types of gameplay so you are not just running around shooting everything all the time
- There are two different modes of play you can engage in: The story mode and the endless mode
- There are global leader boards that you can access online
- There are 20 levels total and the environments range from central park to the underground subway system
- 20 different weapons and upgrades available. Choose from a sniper rifle, shotgun, mini gun, proximity mine, machete, medpack, or machete
- There are 20 different achievements that you can get that each are accompanied with a shiny trophy
Voted 4 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and is currently having a three day sale where it only costs $1.99 to download.