NYTimes The Scoop NYC iPhone App Review
If you like to travel, than you know that there are hot spots to every place that you visit. You can either asks the native people of the area to tell you where they are, or you can choose to learn from other travelers who have stumbled upon certain areas. Well when it comes to New York City, there are thousands upon thousands of places to go to in order to see the city. Well lucky for us, there is a very experienced group of people that now are giving their reviews and suggestions on where you should go to visit the hot spots in New York City. This group of individuals is the New York Times.
The new app for the iphone is called “scoop” and it provides a guide to New York City from the staff of the New York Times. The way the app works is like so; the staff offers a list of their favorite restaurants, bars, events, and experiences. You can access these places and check off the places that you’ve been as well as being able to share your comments and thoughts about those places with your friends on the online comment section. Since New York is one of the largest cities of the world, it is a great idea to have a guide that can take you to the best places in the city to experience the best places available.
- Sam sifton, the NY Times restaurant critic shares his 50 most favorite restaurants in New York, and keeps it updated regularly
- Pete Wells, the dining editor, lists his favorite bars.
- A selection of things going on in the coming weeks is updated weekly in the events section so you can hit the shows and see the entertainment you want to see in the big city
- Critics and editors and reporters share the outing and experiences that define new york city
- you can find nearby recommendations, based on your current GPS locatoin
- you can keep track of the places you go and check them off
- share what you thought of the locations with your friends via e-mail, or text message, or any social networking site
- You can browse suggestions even if you don’t have a signal
As you can see, this app has a lot to offer and the best part of the app is that it costs you nothing. If you are visiting New York, check out this app!
This app is FREE and has been given a 3 1/2 out of 5 star rating.